The Sunshine Coast is regarded by amateur and professional riders alike, as a haven for cycling for its quality roads, minimal traffic and natural beauty.
Last year the coast hosted its first ever two-day CycleFest event. In 2016 the event has grown to include the Queensland Road Team Series event.
Up to 1000 professional & amateur cyclists will take part in the weekend’s activities, which include:
- Coast Life Homes Mountain Challenge (Palmwoods to Montville 8km TT open to the public)
- 2016 QRTS Grand Prix Criterion Event
- WIN NEWS Gran Fondo (100km ride open to the public)
- Men's Open Road Race (125km)
- Women's Open Road Race (95km)
- Maroochy RSL Piccolo Fondo (25km)
A CycleVillage will run all weekend at Cotton Tree Park where riders can collect their race packs and the public are welcome to check out the entertainment, visit stall holders and take part in demonstrations.